Monday, May 02, 2005

Bank holidays blow

So I was going up to studio today to get some quality work done and hopefully finish off all of my elevations, but as I entered the parking lot, I knew something was off. There were no cars, and when I walked up to the door I found it locked and all of the lights off!!! Just becase the bank is closed today doesn't mean that the university needs to shut down!! I guess I can just blame the university if I don't get everything finished in time. The university system over here is obviously not up to par with that of the United States. I can only access my studio from 9-9 on Monday through Friday and from 10-4 on the weekends. Even on the weekends I have to sign in and only have access to the computer lab and not the actual studio. How do they expect students to learn if they don't have access to the proper facilities?

3 comments:

the syndicate said...

you were saying that students work @ home. why? distance? facilities? what about the student who doesn't have a laptop what do they do? maybe they want you to actually leave the studio and be outside. haha

ercwttmn said...

sammy,

thanks for the link to your blog. are arch students not as stressed over there? is it like being a buisness major over here, i'm curious to know.

sloring said...

Tommy - The students work at home because the facilities here are horrible. I'll take a picture of the studio space and post it here sometime, you'd be amazed at the lack of quality workspace they have. The only access I have to CAD is in their computer lab, and while they just bought all new computers last year, it still is hard to design while sitting at a terminal.

Eric - The students are stressed, especially the ones in my studio because after this year they graduate and have to get a job so they are working on getting their portfolios together. They work a lot over here, almost as much as we do at home, with the one exception that they have a pub in the basement so they are easily distracted. :)