Friday, May 20, 2005

English Summer Rain

'It always stays the same
Nothing ever changes
English summer rain
It seems to last for ages'

Today is a fabulously bland day. It is rainy, gray, and cold, beautiful English weather. I am still pounding away on my portfolio, I have most of it done on the computer and I am hoping to get a lot of it plotted off over the weekend. I know that some of my Italian studies friends are in town this weekend (Wedel, Karen, Jeff, etc) and I think that we may try and hook up sometime, but I'm not really sure yet.

I was watching the tele last night and got to thinking about British mannerisms and how they truly are one of the most reserved cultures that I have ever seen. It is quite amusing to watch, because they are so afraid that they are going to offend someone that they will go to extraordinary lengths to not do so. For instance, any public bus that is out of service will have a sign saying, 'Sorry, not in service.' Any other country would omit the 'sorry' and just tell it like it is, but the Brits try and apologize for it. And whenever I text my friends who are busy with studio stuff to see if they want to go into London for the day or go out at night, instead of getting a reply I get no text at all and then when I see them the next day they tell me sorry and that they have so much work to do (which is true, they are busting hardcore, but it would be nice for a reply back instead of just being ignored). Bloody wankers.

Ha, anyways, I found this dope website that has every photograph of a person known to people. If you need a nice photoshop man to put in your drawings, look no further than www.gettyimages.com. I mean, where else would I go for pictures of naked people dancing with chimps?

No comments: