Friday, April 29, 2005

SuperSize Me!

The well known documentary, SuperSize Me was on Channel 4 last night, and since I had never seen it, I decided that it would be a better use of my time than to work on my studio project. I was amazed at the end of it, as I had always known that McDonalds is bad for you, but never that bad. The guy gained 25 lbs in 30 days, and doctors said that his liver was so badly damaged that if he had been drinking alcohol to get him to this state, then the doctor mused that he would probably be dead from it. Having had McDonalds a few times during my stay here in London (it was the first meal I had here, haha), I was quite touched by the film and this morning I went out for a run. 25 minutes later I was done. Haha, we'll see how long this motivation lasts for.

On another note, it is quite beautiful outside today, and was nice and sunny on my run. I woke up at 8, and I have felt alive all day long, it's amazing what exercise can do for you, eh?

Oh, and bread over here in Europe doesn't keep as long as bread in the US, as I opened up my cupboard this afternoon to make a sandwich, and when took out my loaf of bread that I bought a week ago, I found that it was covered in mold. So, I had to buy a sandwich in town instead.

4 comments:

the syndicate said...

i'm so proud of my baby boy.

sloring said...

dude, i'm so sore from my run!!!!

the syndicate said...

haha. did you just go around your house?

sloring said...

yes, I ran for 25 minutes in circles around my house...it was quite nausating to say the least

no, I went to the park down the way