Monday, May 09, 2005

The time draws near

Well, I have my final crit on Thursday, and so far I am in good shape. I basically have to plot off my drawings and finish up a 1/2"=1' wall section model (which is about 3/4 done already) by Thursday. The crit system is wierd here, as my professors will be critiquing me and while it is a 'final' crit, my grade won't come from it but when I hand in a portfolio two weeks from now. So, I am almost done with all this stuff, as the portfolio won't be too hard to do and should only take a day or two at the most.

Yesterday I went into London all day long for the 60th anniversery of VE-Day. I was disappointed in the lack of festivities that London had, as there was only a 1.5 hour long concert in the evening in Trafalgur Square. However, I did go to the Natural History Museum, the Covent Garden Sunday market, the city hall and Tower Bridge, and hung around a bit in Trafalgur Square.

While in Trafalgur Square I finished up a quaily book, Crime and Punishment, and I of course had to pick up another one (or three, as it was buy 2, get 1 free), and I got On the Road by Jack Kerouac, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson (RIP), and American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis; the later two of those books having been recently made into thought provoking movies. I must say, I have been quite the bookworm since I have been over here and have started to develop a taste for classic literature. So, if anyone has some good recommendations, post em up!

2 comments:

ercwttmn said...

sammy,

i've been reading a lot more out here as well. i'm about 3/4 done with "on the road", and it's making want to read some more of jack's work. i'd like to read some of hunter s thompson's work to, to compare the two of them. everyone talks about hunter's "gonzo" journalism, but to me it seems that jack was doing it first. let me know how the reading goes.

sloring said...

Yeah, I just flipped through Fear and Loathing and there are crazy drawings all over the place, it seems to be much more 'gonzo' than Kerouac thus far; however, I am only on like page 30 or so.