Tuesday, May 03, 2005

We're not going to the town, we're going to the city...

Today I went into central London to meet up with a law partner and friend of my father for lunch. We ate at this nice French bistro and it was quite a good meal. While I was in the city I figured I'd make the most of it, despite having a studio project due on Monday, and I went to the Tate Modern for a bit. I was disappointed to find that I had just missed the final days of the Unilever Series exhibit which was showcasing the work of Bruce Nauman. I wrote a paper on the exhibit a few months ago and I had not been back since writing it and wanted to see how my experience had changed. Yesterday was the last day and I was disappointed to have missed the last day. However, I did find out that Rachael Whiteread is going to be the next artist to have her work exhibited there, but unfortunately it will open in October, so I will not be here. It's a shame because I bet that it is going to be a good piece. I did, however, buy a CD of the Nauman exhibit so I can at least listen to it. It will not be the same obviously, but oh well, I'll take what I can get.

http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/nauman/

2 comments:

Exclamation Kate said...

No students showed up that I saw. A few walked through, but I think it was more of a "I'm on my way somewhere else" look-around. They weren't too bad at all. A few of the professors that critiqued us said that the book we made was good enough to get us a summer job, considering it's only first year work, so I'm happy with that. I was so lucky to have Selfridge this semester. We didn't even have to make a final model. ::sigh:: -Kate

sloring said...

haha, yeah we didn't have to make a model either, everyone else was jealous of us. :)