Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Workin man

Today was my second day in a row off, the first time that this has happened since I've been back. For once it actually felt like a weekend[irony b/c it's midweek]; yesterday I was in Manhattan moving all of my stuff. My sister and mom came down, and it was quite interesting to move with them. We got into town around noon and hit up Belly's from some delicious grub. We sat at the front table right by the door which gave me a more than adequate seat with which to reabsorb my second[studio=1] home in Manhattan. Then we went and picked up a 14' truck from U-Haul, which I proceeded to drive to my place out by the golf course; of course this was down with a backwards cap, windows down, and hard rock blasting on the radio. When we reached my place, we all went inside to start packing, with one little problem: I forgot to bring any boxes. What we did to accomodate was to find any box, container and bag, and shoved it full of all of my stuff, and this is when I came to a very important realization that I have too much shit. So, after I get around to unpacking the big pile of stuff on the floor of my new place, I will be lightening my load[s] substantially. We got everything moved without much of a hassle, and then headed home.

Between now and next Thursday, I only have one day off, and that is Saturday. I was going to have to work then too, but I got it off as there is a band supper at my grandpa's home town of Roanoke, Missouri. It has been an ongoing tradition for many, many years, and now that the town is basically all but gone, I feel that I should go there with my grandpa because it has always meant so much to him. He is the person in my life that I respect the most, I know that our time together is growing short since he is almost 86 years old. I am looking forward to the supper and hopefully can snap some pics.

2 comments:

ercwttmn said...

sammy,

i have also come to the conclusion that i have too much shit, that i for some reason keep moving around from apartment to apartment. which is kind of ironic, because as arch. students we probably spend less time in our respected homes as people in other major's. anyway, i'm looking forward to [purging] a few items as i move into the next place.

have a good time in missouri with your grandpa. my grandpa was a very special person to me as well.

Anonymous said...

you sister and mom came down on me too.