Saturday, August 06, 2005

Michigan

Right now I am chillin at the Leelanau Coffee Roasting Company, using and abusing their wi-fi connection in the heart of Leelanau County in Northern Michigan. I have been up here since Sunday afternoon, and tomorrow at the break of dawn we start our 13 hour journey back to Kansas City, hopefully arriving around 9 pm. It has been a rather interesting week, we met up with some old friends that used to vacation with us up here at a resort that is now destroyed so that a multi-millionaire can build a summer home. Such is capitalism.

We are in Glen Arbor:


I have been doing a lot of beach chilling, reading (finished Devil in the White City and started Anna Karenina), and bike riding. I have done a loop twice now with is about 30 miles long, and goes through this very hilly National Park called Pierce Stocking. There are some insane climbs, and I have climbed them all successfully.

Tom, get ready because when we get back to Manhattan, I'm coming for you.

However, I am officially sick of being with my family and I cannot wait to get back to school. When you think about it, I haven't really had things 'back to normal' since December, and I am longing for my freedom back and the chance to get back into a routine.

2 comments:

the syndicate said...

ooo...sounds like a calf off when we get back.
mods. in effect as per request of brad.
freedom sammy, freedom...it's close...you can taste it.

Anonymous said...

you aren't sick of me...
because you love me :)