Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wankered

Well, I have been back in Manhattan[ks] for two days now, and the above title pretty much describes it all. Every day someone else gets into town, so we have to go out and celebrate. Strange thing is, some of these guys I haven't seen for 9 months, and it doesn't really seem like we've been apart. And, even more surprising, we haven't really fallen into the cliche of talking about Europe. A few references here and there, but we haven't gotten all pretentious about it yet. I'm just waiting for it though, because it's bound to happen soon. I imagine when we all begin to realize how shitty this town is and how there is nothing to do here that we will then relapse into talking of 'the good old days' in Europe. Ah, only one more year before I can get out of this town.

I think that I am going to refer from here on out to this week as, 'the calm before the storm.' It is the one week during the year in which we can truly relax and hang out and not have any responsibility. This is probably why we end up drinking all day long. Classes start on Monday, and we should know tomorrow who we have for studio. None of the choices for this year were all that enticing to me, so I don't really care all that much which studio I am in. My top two choices were all year-long studios, so if I get either of those let's just hope that things go well or it's going to be a long ride.

I am anxious to get back into classes and start to get my life on a routine, as I feel that I haven't really been on a routine all summer long.

No comments: