Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Insomnia

Well, it's 2:30am and here I sit, unable to fall asleep. Alberto Campo Baeza, our visiting professor from Madrid, arrived yesterday and things have been quite busy. On top of doing a weeklong charrette with him our studio is also producing a documentary on his visit, so we have been doing twice as much work as everyone else it seems. I only got four hours of sleep last night, so one would think that I would be quite tired now, but for some reason I am not.

The project is going well, I think, Campo Baeza is a very intelligent and interesting person; he makes architecture seem so easy!
When he lectures to us, formally or informally, everyone listens, and even though his English comprehension can be a problem at times, he still manages to capture the attention of everyone in the audience. I am excited to see what the rest of the week holds in store.

No comments: