Saturday, December 24, 2005

Xmas Eve Day

I got back from NYC on Wednesday and had a really good time. Got to see the gf for almost a week straight, which was really, really good. On Saturday night we went to a club called Crobar and saw Felix da Housecat spin, which was a really fun time, even though it cost $12 for a vodka and tonic. We didn't really do much on Tuesday and Wednesday, as the MTA was striking and couldn't go into the city, but we did some things in Astoria instead.

I got my grades back for this semester today, and I was pretty disappointed in myself. I should've done better in my classes, but once again, I lost my focus and patience at the end of the end of the semester and couldn't finish strong. I think that my goal for my final semester of school is going to be to try and finish strong and remain patient and focused on my work all throughout the semester, not for my grades but just to prove to myself that I can do it.

Well, it is Christmas Eve day and my grandpa is here, and my aunt, uncle and cousin will be here tomorrow afternoon. There are a few presents under the tree, and it surprisingly doesn't really feel like Christmas. It could be because it is raining and 46 degrees outside instead of 20 and snowing, or it could be that I have only been in KC for 3 days and will be leaving on the 26th, but I think it is because I am getting older and busier and time goes by faster and things don't seem to be as romanticized as they used to be. Ahh, loss of innocence.

No comments: