Thursday, October 27, 2005

Frustruated Update...

People in this freakin town don't care about anything anymore. Below is a little exerpt from my sketchbook:

"This University is dead. No longer do we care about liberty and freedom, now all we care about is our own selfish desires; if we can get this project done in time then we can go drinking. No one cares about actually learning anything anymore, only about getting our professors off. We are a product of our society, so I cannot justifibly get too pissed off at individuals."

I have tried to get people to help me out with filming and the like, but everyone around here is all talk and no walk. They talk of all these grand ideas, but NOT ONE is ever put into action. I wanted to push this issue and expose this group and their fradulent activities, but no one CARES. All we care about is our insignificant lives and a pointless model that we have to make in a pointless class for our pointless future. No one here has a clue of what they want to do with anything once they get out of school, they are just going to go and live in the suburbs and work for a mundane firm making mundane architecture, because they DON'T CARE. Well, I care; I'm down, but I'm not out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sam.
you are a wonderful fellow.
and im glad you're my brother.
-mary kate

Anonymous said...

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"


- High Fidelity

sloring said...

which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while, and I guess I have something to offer you now.

As a University student myself, I can empathize and understand your position. Which means, sometimes we have to take a Larger Step than usual to get things done. So do your work, and get it done.

The incompetence and lack of care and desire to get anywhere from your fellows will make itself known all by itself, they don't need or deserve your assistance or your "action" to report them.

Expending useless energy on people who will not help you get to where you want to go is wasting time and energy, that you should not waste on others except yourself.

One of my profs used to say "Time is a precious commodity once wasted it can NEVER be regained."

Step around the rocks on your path and keep walking. It's all about the journey, not the end point.

Do not rent space in your brain to useless people, it costs too much of ourselves.

I hope you finish the assignment and do well. A good mark on your part will present the problem for the others. That you suceed is the KEY to Success.


Peace
Jeremy
Montreal