Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Trash[ed]

Currently listening to: Soulwax - Any Minute Now

--------------------------------------------------

Last night I went with some of my mates into London to a killer club/bar named Trash. It was a really good night, and I didn't get home until 4:30am. We had to take the N77 night bus all the way home, which took about an hour and highlights the deficiencies of the London public transportation system. The tube shuts down before midnight and I have known people who have left the pubs at 11:30 when they were kicked out and couldn't get the tube to the train station and had to take a cab. If a city known for its early closing of the pubs can't even accomodate those people, then you know there is a problem. Now that they are allowing 24 hour licensing of pubs I wonder if that will have any effect on the way that they run their transportation. I sure hope so.

Yesterday I had a desk crit with one of my professors and I got some good input. I hadn't talked to anyone about my project since before Easter break, and it was actually nice to do some work for once. He told me that right now I just have boxes of spaces and need to detail what is in between the spaces and make it a building, but then he added that he didn't know how my grades transferred so he didn't know if I needed to detail out the spaces. It transfers back as pass/fail, so techincally I could probably do not much more work and have a passing grade, but part of me wants to develop my idea that I have going and see what I can learn from it. I'm not going to do an intense 3-D model or anything like that, but I will put some more development into it.

I woke up today around 1pm and haven't really done much so far today and I don't really plan on doing much either. I started a new book, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky and it is pretty good so far. It's supposed to be an excellent book, and was only £1.50 at Borders, so I figured I couldn't lose. Tomorrow I am going with the wonderful American students to Stonehenge and Bath, so that will be an interesting day. I haven't seen most of those people in over a month, and haven't really formed any relationships with them, so it should be a rather bland day, socially speaking. I should have some pictures up documenting that trip in a few days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

pics of Trash:
http://www.endclub.com/img/venue_info/venue1/photo1.jpg
http://www.endclub.com/img/venue_info/venue1/photo2.jpg

No comments: