Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday Morning reflections

I cannot remember the last time that I got up this early on a Sunday. It really is quite nice to be able to lounge around in my house and drink coffee, read and relax. I guess that's what normal people do who don't have to go to studio all of the time.

Well, last week was a very fun and knowledge-filled week with architect Alberto Campo Baeza. We basically spent the whole week looking at our projects of the semester. He told us all that we were stupid and that what we had after a week [when he was here the first time] was better than what we had now. Ha. We expected him to say that, as it was essentially his job to do so. Later on he did say that we had very good projects and that he greatly enjoyed his week with us. He even gave me a letter of reccommendation for Richard Meier's office. Campo Baeza and him are friends. Campo Baeza actually lives in the same building as Meier's ex-wife. We ate several meals with him and he told us great stories of famous architects and their promiscuous wives. Not Richard Meiers though.

Two weeks from now I will be a graduate of the College of Architecture, Planning and Design and Kansas State University. I have no job lined up. I have no ticket or idea of how I am getting me and my stuff to New York. I have no place to stay in New York. I think I will try for a June 1 lease on an apartment. I should probably go up a week or so before that then to get the best chance of finding a good place. I am ready to get out of my place in Manhattan, KS. One year in this dump is enough for me. Get me to a real city. Excitement. Energy. Diversity. All are lackin in my current residence.

Today should be a beautiful day. It rained the past two days. Now the sun is out and the weather is wonderful. I have some work to do but not much. Help Gabe with OZ, get my effects ready to send to Mr. Meier, and tidy up my portfolio. Lend some help on the film if they need me.

I have been listening to Sigur Ros the past few days. Must be due to the rainy weather. I love laying around listening to it rain. So peaceful. It really is a spiritual experience. The cleansing of the mind and body. Who needs showers? I need more coffee.

Yesterday I had BK Joe coffee at Burger King. Not nearly as bad as one would think. I am glad that fast food chains are making 'premium' coffee now. Thank you Starbucks. Well, sorta. I guess I had to put that, as we all have to openly hate Starbucks. But I drink their coffee. I worked for them for 5 years. Hypocrite. Aren't we all?

No comments: