Friday, April 07, 2006

Impulse

Today in studio I received an email about a chair design contest that the IA department was doing which ends at 9 o'clock tonight. Basically, there are a lot of old frames of broken Guilietta chairs, and they decided to have a contest for the campus open house that is this weekend. Not wanting to work in studio, my friend Ryan and I decided that it would be cool if we busted out a chair really quickly for the contest, as the prize for the winner is 10 free Chipotle burritos! We took some time looking at the frame and looking around studio for various materials that we could use and this is what we came up with:










All-in-all, it took us about 4 hours to do and cost us $0! Not to bad for a rainy Friday afternoon.

As some of you may know, I messed up my ankle/foot pretty good last week. It still hurts today, and here's a pic of what it looks like:


2 comments:

ercwttmn said...

the chair looks good, the ankle doesn't.

Exclamation Kate said...

That's awesome that you entered! I _really_ liked your chair--how you joined the wood and such. The picture of your ankle makes me hurt. Hope you heal up quickly.