Tuesday, September 27, 2005

__remember me

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. I am starting to feel[andsometimesact] like an old man it seems like. Yesterday was probably my most uneventful birthday in my university career; neither good nor bad, just different. I woke up fairly early and came in to studio to do a lot of the work that I procrastinated over the weekend, skipped lunch[timeconstraints] and then was in studio until 5:20 when I went home and ate leftover pizza and went to my wine tasting class until 9. Then, after not feeling any resembelance of the elevation that traditionally comes with consuming wine for 2+ hours, I went up to studio and studied for a geography of natural resources test that I had this morning. I did get to Belly's for a couple of Old Style's at around midnight, and went to bed around 1. Ironically, this was what I would have rather been doing than compared to what I did on my previous birthdays; you only have to live through your 21st once, and I didn't intend on repeating that. Am I getting old, or am I getting wise? Or are those two words inexplicably intertwined, which would mean that I am getting both at the same time? I think/hope so, anyways.

Oh yeah, I watched part of Requiem For A Dream yesterday evening, and it has given me an idea for my 5 second film that is due on Friday in studio. Basically, I think that the reason Matt is having us do these films is for us to learn how to use editing and cuts to tell the story instead of using dialogue and actors. I got a lot of ideas from several of the drug usage scenes, and I think that I've got a good idea about GHB/frats that will work nicely. We'll see how it comes out, and hopefully I can get it posted here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yep, your gettin' old...........sorry