Friday, September 16, 2005

Finally Friday!

Ok, so maybe this week wasn't that strenuous, but it's still nice to have the weekend ahead of me. I've been working on a various assortment of things this week in studio, ranging from the rendering that you see in the previous post, to storyboarding a short digital film that I am going to be filming and editing, to getting a feeling for a new program that we are working with, Combustion.

This morning I went on a nice 20 mile biek ride, as the weather today is quite beautiful. It's just one of those days where all you want to do is sit outside with your mates and just shoot the shit, not sit in front of a computer working on mundane renderings. One thing I did have to do today was go to the UPS store and try to deny shipment of a package that I already recieved. A few weeks ago I ordered a 1gig stick of RAM from Newegg.com, but when I tried to put it in, I realized that my motherboard only will accept pairs of RAM. So, I returned the RAM to Newegg, and in my application I stated that I ordered the wrong item. A few days later, I get an email from Newegg stating that they had recieved my shipment and were sending me a new stick of RAM, but the problem is that it was STILL A 1GIG STICK!!! So, I called them the next day and told them the deal and the operator told me that she would cancel the shipment and everything would be cool. Well, when I got home last night, I opened the screened door and out falls a package from UPS, and you guessed it, it's the 1gig stick of RAM from Newegg. I wasn't there to refuse the shipment, so they just left it. After my ride this morning, I went to the UPS Store and told the guy my situation, and he told me that I had to go to the UPS distribution center because at the UPS Store they don't deal with refused shipments. Bollocks. So, I head over to the distribution center and when I pull into the parking lot [first time I've driven my car in two weeks, btw] I notice that the place looks pretty dark. I walk up to the door and low and behold, it's locked. Upon glancing at the hours sheet on the window I see that they are open from 3-6pm M-F. WTF?!?!?! Who is open for 3 freakin hours a day!!!!! Ridiculous!!! So, now I have to go there after studio, what a pain in the ass.

No comments: