Friday, June 30, 2006

New York, New York

I have finally made it, end destination New York. Things are still rather hectic though as I am here, but most of my material possessions are not. I have no bed, no chair, no dishes or utensils, and no food. I am almost homeless, with the one exception being that I have an unfurnished apartment. As a matter of fact I am stealing this internet connection off of one of my less than technologically inclined neighbors who doesn’t know what a password is. It’s a sub-par connection though, as it doesn’t have enough power to allow me to post this, so your actual reading may come several days delayed. I do have photographs of my abode, and they will follow.

Well, what can I say, except that it has all been a bit anti-climatic. I sat around my parents house for several weeks being bored out of my mind, thinking that when I got to New York that I would get busy. Now I sit here, waiting for all of my stuff, but this time without the World Cup to keep me entertained. My two large bags of luggage are sitting on the floor in the next room, and I am sitting on the floor of my kitchen, the only place where I can get any sort of signal. Aw, such a comfy wall.

I don’t think that I am going to get much done in the way of job searching until next week, as it is 4th of July weekend and many people will be out of town, and I will be fixing up my place. I really hope that I can find a job soon, as much for the fact that I won’t be so bored as for the fact that I need the money. I did get into the city yesterday to hit up the old Bed Bath and Beyond, as everyone needs a luxe bathmat and shower curtain. Ok, I am now talking about bathmats and shower curtains, I think it’s time to end this post.





3 comments:

ercwttmn said...

thanks for reminding me, i have to pick up a bathmat and shower curtains this weekend too........


the place looks great sammy! hope your stuff gets there soon.

Nicole said...

will the bathmat have a hint of baby blue?

FastTrakStatus said...

as a matter of fact, i HAVE seen the fireworks over battery park. fourth of july weekend, summer of 2000.

just another reminder sam, that as you walk down the road of life, just think of corbin as the overhead lines. regards.