Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Downtime

Well, I got back from NYC about a week and a half ago after a fairly productive time up there. I found an apartment in Queens, a semi-sublevel studio that is really nice and close to the subway. I don't have any pictures, but before I move in I will snap some so that people can see what it looks like. The kitchen is quite nice, all new, modern appliances with clean, white cupboards and stainless door pulls. The official move-in date is July 1, but my landlord said that I could move in anytime after the 20th of June because the girl who lives there now will be out by then. He told me that he had over 30 calls on the apartment and for what I am getting it really is a steal.

Last week was a rather pitiful week for me. I picked up a nasty intestinal bug that put me out for about a week and all I could really do was lay on my couch and watch tv. Fortunately, there has been NBA finals, World Cup soccer, and lots of trashy MTV/VH1 shows to keep me mildly entertained.

Even though I am getting better now, I am still not really doing all that much. Most of my friends are either out of town or working, so it has been quite different than hanging out at school. If I was ever bored I could always go up to studio and there would always be something to work on or someone to see, but now that time has passed. No longer will I be able to see a lot of the good friends that I have made over the past 5 years, as we are all going our seperate ways to New York, Portland, Dallas, LA and beyond. But I guess that is life. We grow up, move on, and make new friends. Well, work friends anyways, I am not sure if I will ever make as good of friends as I have made in studio. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

ercwttmn said...

miss you already sammy,

hope that your feeling better.