Tuesday, November 21, 2006

An Update

Well, it's been awhile [as usual, it seems].

It's hard to believe that it's Thanksgiving already, it seems like just yesterday I was starting my first day of work. I guess this is what happens when one gets older, the days don't seem as long due to your relative frame of reference to them. Tomorrow morning I head to La Guardia Airport and hop on Midwest flight YX80 to head back to Kansas City for 5 days of R and R with the family. It will be quite interesting to return to suburbia, as I have been nowhere near it for the past 5 months. I have a feeling it will be similar to how I felt upon returning from my studies in London, where I was for 5 months as well. I felt quite a bit of culture shock upon my return, and I am wondering if it will be the same thing tomorrow. It will feel strange to be in a passenger car that is not a cab [have been in one once in the past 5 months], and it will be quite a shift having to drive everywhere instead of walking. I am going to have to bum rides from my parents or borrow their car, another thing I have not done in a long time [drive].

I am acclimating to the city more and more every day, now at times I don't feel out of place at all and just go about my business.

Today, when leaving the office, my boss joked about me heading to KC and not coming back. I can assure him that is not the case.

In the spirit of fellow blogger Corbeano, I am going to post albums that I have not been able to get enough of this past month or so.

Junior Boys - So This is Goodbye
TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
Beach House - Beach House [ambient indie rock]
The Knife - Silent Shout [had it for about a year, but can't seem to get enough of it; see post below for video]
Rock Central Plaza - Are We Not Horses [If you like Neutral Milk Hotel, you'll love these guys]

New York has not gotten as cold as I had assumed it was going to get, I feel like this time of year in Kansas it is much colder than what I am currently experiencing; however, I do expect, and am externally assured, that the mercury will continue to plummet until I am cursing myself for typing this paragraph of arrogance.

I need a decent camera so that I can take good pictures and post them here. Oh well, there's always Xmas.

Now, it is time to pack. In honor of my return, I will now throw on some horribly awesome Tech N9ne.

No comments: