Saturday, May 19, 2007

a pathetic end to a long night[yet strangely satisfying]

Those of you who know me know how big of a Cubs fan I am. When I was living in Kansas City I never really had many opprotunities to see the Cubs play, as the Royals are in the AL and the Cubs are in the NL. Now that I live in NYC I have the once a year chance to see the Cubs play the Mets for a three game series at Shea Stadium. Needless to say, when I found this out several months ago, I immediately went to the Mets webpage and bought tickets to see the game that took place this past Wednesday night. For the past few weeks I had been anticipating the game, hopefully to see my Cubbies take on the surging Mets.



After a day of rain, I got to the stadium to see this view from my seat, where I sat for three hours waiting for the rain to stop. It was 10pm before the rain stopped, and I was quite depressed at the thought of not getting to see my team play in the one opprotunity I would have all year. At 10:15pm the game finally began in front of a very empty Shea Stadium. I only paid $9 for my ticket, which on a normal day would have allowed me to watch the game from the nosebleed section, but due to the misfortune[or luck] of rain and a delay, I took a chance and ran down to the lower section of the stadium and took my seat 7 rows behind the Cubs dugout! I could not wait to see the Cubs pound the Mets after destroying them 8-1 the night before.



But of course, the game was a typical Cubs disaster. Into the 7th inning they had only one hit and were losing 4-0. Being that it was 12:30am and I had to work the next day, I took my tired and weary Cubs soul and headed for the #7 train, content that I had gotten to see my Cubbies play, but disappointed in their poor performance at my one time this year to see them play. They ended up losing 8-1 with only 2 hits.



Another exciting experience that I had recently was a trip to the NYC Ballet to watch the performance of Romeo and Juliet. Now before anyone makes a smartass comment, my main reason for going was on a date with my girlfriend who loves ballet. Anyways, The show was pretty good and I had a great time. It is always fun dressing up and watching all the people out enjoying a wonderful spring night in New York City.


Structure:

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay for Cubbies and NYC ballet! One of my must-do-before-i-die goals in life is to see the NYC ballet. i'm a little jealous, i have to say.

Anonymous said...

Come on Sam,
We all know what really happened. You probably dragged Niki to the ballet, and after words you went home and watched the "lifetime" channel and ate popcorn and cried, but then painted each other's toenails before sharing a quart of Haagen-dazs.

Anonymous said...

Comment moderation! You've got to be kidding me! Be a Man Sam

ercwttmn said...

smart ass comment:

we all know that you're the one that really loves the ballet, sam.

it's o.k. we all have our own little, secrets, i myself love the theater, don't be ashamed, own it!