Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend Update

Well, this has been a pretty fun weekend thusfar. Friday we had our studio mid-crit in which we presented our films and some drawings to accompany them, and we had two critics, Patrick Rhodes and Ray Streeter who were quite opposite in their critiques. Patrick focused more on the film and how to use that to describe our architectural ideas while Ray went about it in the more traditional method of a crit by looking more at the drawings and models than by critiquing our cinematic failures. I wouldn't necessarily say that one was better than the other, but I do know that a lot of us came out fairly confused on what to do next. Either way, a few of us went to Belly's for dinner and had a quite entertaining evening.

Yesterday was our annual Beaux Arts Ball, which was quite different than our formal ball at Exploration Place in Witchita last year, as this one took place at the Black Jack Ranch outside of Manhattan and was a techno party. The boyfriend of the girl who lives above me was the DJ and actually did a really good job. We danced around with glowsticks for a while and then came home around midnight. On the busride home we took all of our glowing necklaces and tied them together and put them out of the bus window and had a nice long glowing tail going, until a certain person [no names, but his initials are ERIC WITTMAN!] decided to tackle me, causing me to lose my grip and forcing our glowing tail to be forever lost.

So, today has been a pretty relaxing day, some light reading of the novel that I have been perpetually engrossed in, Anna Karenina, and some watching of The Empire Strikes Back. I will probably head up to studio here in a bit to do some work, but I need to get groceries first.

No comments: